Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stash Hoarding, Day 2: Authentic

This week, I am doing a series of posts on the top five fabric collections I love to hoard! I am a huge fan of Sweetwater's fabrics, but my favorite of those by far is their first collection for Moda, entitled "Authentic". This was one of the first quilts I made for my Etsy shop, and it was the second quilt I ever sold. I just love the color palette of black, grey, cream and green. It is simple, yet striking, and it always looks so modern and fresh.

I wish I had a bought a bolt each of the black polka dot, and the green text print! Love them!
I've remade the original quilt a total of three times; each time, it has sold quickly!
I even made a tumbler quilt using my Accuquilt die -- this was back when yardage was still available.
I also made some adorable onesies!
I love this collection so much that I use this picture as my blogger and etsy shop avatar:
Here's a picture of some of my Authentic stash (and you can see a bit of another Sweetwater project in progress in the background, using one of their newer lines, Reunion)
I will admit to overpaying for some of this, but it is just so impossible to find that it's hard not to purchase it when you do come across it! Luckily, Sweetwater keeps coming up with new tempting collections; in fact, their newest one, Mama Said Sew, was inspired by Authentic. I haven't made anything with this collection yet, but I do like the graphic look of the fabrics, so I'm excited about the possibilities!
 
I have had plans for several years to make myself a purse using Authentic so that I can enjoy it every day; I just haven't gotten around to cutting into it (or maybe I'm still afraid to cut it!) Tomorrow night is our first quilt guild meeting of the year, so maybe I'll be brave enough to pledge this as a project to complete by June! I'll let you know....
 
Tune in tomorrow for another out-of-print favorite from my stash!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry,
    I love those polka dots too! Such pretty quilts.
    See you tomorrow,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete