Friday, November 30, 2012

Bound and Determined!

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been making my way through the stack of quilts waiting for bindings. Here are a few finishes to share!

I made two Vroom quilts (by Leslie Grainger for Robert Kaufman fabrics) in the bright color way, and I will be making two more in the grey and blue color way. I'm not usually a big fan of panel quilts, but I loved the faux patchwork design of the main fabric. I used Kona cotton in School Bus for the orange inner border, and a striped fabric from the Vroom collection for the binding. I use stripe bindings whenever I can -- I love the interest they add to the overall design!

The backing fabric was a lot of fun, too! The two Vroom quilts are available in my Etsy store.

The next finish is Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for Moda fabrics. I finished the top using an early release layer cake this summer, but I really wanted to use one of the Marmalade fabrics for the backing, so I had to wait for the yardage to be released in October.

 

The fabrics are so pretty-- love the combo of vintage and modern in all of Bonnie and Camille's collections. (On a side note, Camille revealed their Spring 2013 collection called Happy-Go-Lucky on her blog yesterday-- can't wait for that fun, new color palette!)

I used a striped binding on Marmalade, too! The quilt, and the pattern to make it, are in my Etsy shop.

I also finished a couple of custom orders this week. Another Backyard Baby quilt...

And a twin size Sophie quilt. So pretty!

More finishes to come, soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment