Sunday, November 4, 2012

Checking In!

October was apparently NOT my month to blog!  Only ONE post!  Not very impressive at all.  Let's see if I can get the momentum going again.
Lest you think I have been idle, here is a little collage of what I've been working on this past week:
 
I've been working on several new quilts for the shop, and I finally finished two new quilt patterns.  The patterns had been in my head for a while, but I hadn't had the time to get them on paper.  The first one is called Beads and Baubles.  It's a fairly easy pattern for a beginner, and it looks more difficult than it is.  I named it "Beads and Baubles"  because the blocks in the quilt remind me of a string of beads in a necklace.
 
I finished this version of the quilt in the spring -- made from the retro fabric collection "Flock" by Thomas Knauer.  Usually, I try to make 2 or 3 versions of a pattern as samples for my store.  This one sold earlier this fall.  I have two more that will be in the store as soon as I finish the bindings:
The one on the quilt rack was made from Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms collection.  I love the way the grey sets off the bright colors.  In fact, I tend to use grey a lot when I sew with Amy's fabrics!  Here's a Daisy Chain quilt:
 
A "Love" dresden plate pillow:
And another Soul Blossoms quilt -- this one in a chevron/ zig zag pattern:
Speaking of chevrons, I had wanted to write a chevron pattern for a long time.  I've done a lot of zig zag quilts for my shop, and they've been very popular.  To write the pattern, I made a sample using Denyse Schmidt's brand new line Chicopee:
The pattern has instructions for the row-by-row chevron design shown above, as well as a scrappy version with one background color, and a striking two-color version using solids.
 
Besides writing patterns, I've been finishing some smaller quilts for the shop.  It's always harder to find cute boy fabric collections, but these two are some of my favorites.  Peak Hour by Kellie Wulfsohn for Riley Blake Fabrics:
And "Ahoy Matey" (Michael Miller fabrics):
I'm working on some additional bindings this week, and hoping to quilt one or two quilt tops today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment