Monday, November 5, 2012

Momentum

I thought I'd better keep the momentum going before three weeks go by between posts!  Here are a couple of finishes to share:
Kate Spain always has the most beautiful Christmas fabric collections.  This is last year's "Flurry" collection, and the free Moda pattern that went with it.  It was a relatively easy quilt to make -- the only tricky part was all the narrow white strips that connect the various rows. 
This is a pretty generously-sized lap quilt -- about 49 x 58.  It is now available in the shop.
I have kept scraps of both Flurry and The Twelve Days of Christmas with the intention of turning them into these adorable stockings. Hopefully, one of these days, I'll get around to it!
 
Late last night, I finished hand-sewing the binding on this Fox Trails striped quilt.
I just love this fabric collection, and I've lost count of the number of quilts I've made from it!  I've made tumbler quilts (sorry about the sideways photo!)
 
 
 
and charm quilts:
 
 
I was sorting through some Fox Trails yardage this weekend, cutting up some tumblers for the next quilt, and decided to piece together a backing so I could finish the striped quilt.  The striped Fox Trails quilt finish also helped me reach a milestone in my Etsy shop: 75 items listed.  This is the most inventory I've ever had at one time.  Not all of them are quilts, of course, and some are made-to-order listings of quilts I have previously sold, but I'm excited about having so many different items in the shop.  My overall goal is to make it to 100 items.  Having a cleaner sewing room has certainly helped with the storage of inventory.
 
On top of that, I am nearing the halfway point of the summer's unquilted quilt tops.  If you followed my journey of quilt tops this July and August, you might know that I returned home with 38 quilt tops.  I had stockpiled some quilt tops before the trip, so when I returned home in August, I actually had a pile of 50 quilt tops awaiting finishing!  I've made quite a dent in the pile, despite an unusually high amount of custom orders.  I've quilted 21 of the 50 at this point -- it will be nice to get past the number 25!  (several are still awaiting bindings, however!)
 
Tonight, I'll be hand sewing the binding on another Peak Hour quilt which I will hopefully be able to share tomorrow! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Love these quilts and that you're aiming to turn some scraps into cute stockings! Let me know how that goes.

    kate

    ReplyDelete