Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Show and Tell

Happy Thanksgiving! We are celebrating at my Mom's house, and I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of quilts that I made for her, while I test out the new Blogsy app on my iPad.

I have collected a fair amount of men's cotton shirts and upcycled them into quilts, inspired by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville. For this quilt, I used Bonnie's Smokey Mountain Stars pattern. It was a quick and easy pattern to make. I had fun looking for a variety of prints and colors in my thrift store treasure hunts! The quilt has been washed many, many times and has held up beautifully.


The second quilt is simply a mixture of patchwork squares. I was even brave enough to do a little freestyle quilting on this one-- a series of ups and downs that change direction every block. These two quilts are inspiring me to go home and play with my pile of cotton shirts! I forgot how comfy and cozy they are!

Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment