Friday, August 23, 2013

Stash Hoarding, The Sequel, Day 3: Hometown

Yesterday's Stash Hoarding post featured the Sweetwater collection Make Life. Today's will focus on another Sweetwater favorite, Hometown. I'm really not sure I could choose a favorite print in the collection -- I just love the way they all go together! The color palette is great, and all the basics are there: text prints, stripes, plaids, dots, etc.

I had a great time making Christmas stockings out of this non-traditional palette:

When I wrote my When the Stars Align pattern, I knew I wanted to use Hometown for the cover photo:

As I mentioned, I love the way the palette works together. However, earlier this year, I had a custom request to make the quilt in only the reds and yellows. I love the way it turned out!

At this point in time, precuts of Hometown are pretty hard to find, so I grab them whenever I find a good deal!

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of Stash Hoarding!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment