Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chipping Away

I love to be able to devote an entire evening and immerse myself in a project, but sometimes I forget that little steps add up to big goals!

Back in July, I blogged about this work-in-progress -- a 12 block lap quilt in Salt Air fabrics. The project sat in a bin next to sewing machine all summer while I worked on other projects. I've had a steady stream of custom orders on Etsy for several months, which is wonderful, but I often feel guilty working on another project when I know I have quilts with deadlines in the works.

Tonight, I decided to pull out the project for a little while, and in a relatively short amount of time, two more blocks were finished.

I'm now at the halfway point, and happy to see this coming together again. Hopefully, I can bring this one to completion sooner rather than later by remembering that a lot can be accomplished in little bits of time!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Cute blocks! I know how it feels to have projects that seem to be WIP's forever...they will eventually get done, right? ;) Good work!

    ReplyDelete