Sunday, December 1, 2013

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 1

Since I've been such a lazy blogger lately, I thought it was time to issue myself another blogging challenge. How about "25 Days of Quilts"? Each day in December (through Christmas!) I'll try to post about a recent quilt finish!

Earlier this year, I made a pink and white stars custom quilt, and ended up with a pile of small scraps. They were the perfect size for a scrappy coins quilt!

I actually pieced the strips of coins this summer, but put them aside to work on other projects. Because a lot of the assembly was done, this top was a fun project a few weeks ago when I was looking for a fast and fun finish.

The backing is from Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market collection, which is now out of print. I had a small piece of it left in my stash, and it seemed to be the perfect choice! The pink binding was also leftover from a previous project.

I love a project that uses up leftovers, and clears the way for new fabric acquisitions!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. wow! that's ambitious, should be a fun ride! I like this one already!

    ReplyDelete