Saturday, December 7, 2013

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 7

Do you ever have one of those quilts that gets done faster in your head rather than real life?

I fell in love with this collection of fabrics (Seaside by October Afternoon for Riley Blake) before it was even released, and purchased two layer cakes as soon as they came out (June 2012?). I knew I was going to make a Hip to Be Square quilt, and finishing it was on my list of 2012 summer projects!

Fast forward to sometime in 2013 --layer cakes remained uncut, and I purchased backing and binding fabric on clearance, with every intention of making the quilt!

By the end of Summer 2013, I think I had finally finished the blocks, but not the top!

I'm happy to report that this one is finally quilted and bound -- and I still love it! I recently purchased a fat quarter bundle of October Afternoon's newest line, Sidewalks, so I hope that one doesn't sit for a year and a half!

 

1 comment: