Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Final New Year's Quilty Resolution

My final New Year's Quilty Resolution is to write four new patterns this year. I'm happy to announce that my first new pattern is ready to share!

This pattern was inspired by an antique pinwheel top that I finished in June for a colleague. I loved the double pinwheel block design and decided to play around with it a bit:

I made some blocks out of Denyse Schmidt's "Blossom Reel" fabric collection (from the DS Quilts fabrics sold at JoAnn's). I really love how Denyse's fabrics have a modern, yet vintage vibe, so I thought they would be perfect for updating this antique design.

One of my favorite parts is they grey dot sashing! Grey is such a great color to pair with modern fabrics.

The pattern is written in a tutorial style, with step-by-step instructions and full color photos throughout. I have included four size options (baby, lap, twin coverlet and full). It is now available for immediate download in both my Etsy shop, and my Craftsy pattern store.

Here's a comparison of my inspiration, and the finished update. I'm looking forward to making the pattern in another fabric collection, as well!

 

3 comments:

  1. Love the pin wheels and I agree the gey dots are fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a fun quilt! The gray dot sashing makes it really special! I would never have thought to do such a large dot as the sashing , but it works so well!

    Thank you so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt. Grey is generally a colour I avoid - to much like the colour of the sky in rotten weather - but seeing your quilt has made me want to try it out. The overall look is very vintage - I love it!

    ReplyDelete