Monday, January 6, 2014

Last Quilt, First Quilt

I thought I'd take a short break from posting resolutions to show you my last completed quilt of 2013, and my first completed quilt of 2014!

My last finish of 2013 was this PB & J Scrappy Trips quilt. I blogged about it here, but now the binding is done, so I wanted to share the final pics. I enjoyed sewing the binding on the long train trip to Indianapolis, and it also served the purpose of keeping me warm while I slept on the train!

The minky backing is so comfy (in fact, my brother-in-law wanted me to leave it at their house!) and it is the perfect size for snuggling on the couch. Here's a picture of the quilt next to the coin quilt I made from the leftover jelly roll pieces:

My first finish of 2014 is a small patchwork quilt made of scraps from "Sugar and Spice" and "Twice as Nice" by The Quilted Fish for Riley Blake fabrics. Both collections go together perfectly.

I bound this quilt while enjoying the premiere of Downton Abbey last night!

I've sewing up a storm since we retuned home. I cut up several fat quarter collections while visiting my sister (she offered to iron while I cut!) and organized them for sewing. Now, I have a stack of pieced blocks ready to sew into various tops!

I'll be back tomorrow with more resolutions!

 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way your PB&J quilts! I'm currently working on a PB&J baby quilt and was wondering if you used plain white smashing on your baby quilt. I'm having a hard time figuring out what background fabric to use. Yours looks great and if you used white, I might as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janet! Actually, I used Moda Bella solid in Snow (9900-11) which is more of an off-white/cream color. Hope that helps!

      Delete