Friday, May 23, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry #2

Here is my second entry in the Blogger's Choice Quilt Festival, Spring 2014:

I have served as our quilt guild's block of the month chairperson for the past five years. It has been a fun an interesting challenge. For this block of the month series, we started with a few Kaffe Fassett prints in the "cool" colorways -- purple, green and blue -- and paired them with a mint green solid for the background.

Although we used several large scale prints, it was fun to see how they looked "cut up" in everyone's blocks!

When it came time to assemble the quilt, I knew I wanted to do a straight setting, but I wasn't sure what colors or fabrics to use. While walking through the quilt store, this striped fabric caught my eye. It seemed to bring all the various hues together, so I framed the blocks in a dark purple, and sashed them with the stripe. I love the energy it adds to the quilt!

For the backing, I used one of the large scale Kaffe Fassett prints (adding a little batik strip on either side to make it fit the width of the quilt!

I am entering this in the Large Quilt Category.

Head on over to Amy's Creative Side to see the rest of the entries!

 

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is beautiful! The color combos are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - you have to love it when you find exactly the right fabric to finish things off...!

    ReplyDelete