Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Stockings and a Tutorial Link

This year, I finally made some new Christmas stockings for us! Last summer, we repainted our living room. I can't remember the color name, but it is purple (this was actually my husband's idea, not mine) -- sort of a pale periwinkle purple that reads a bit grey depending on the time of day. I actually like it a lot, even though I resisted at first. Anyway, we've never had four Christmas stockings that match each other, so I used the scraps from my daughter's quilt (Kate Spain's Horizon fabric collection) and my tutorial (found here) to make us a new set that matches the "cool" color palette of the room.

They are fun to make, and a great way to use up scraps. Check out my tutorial, and get a head start on next year's presents!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment