Monday, December 15, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 15

Thanks for stopping by for my Twenty-Five Quilts blogging series!

I know I've shown a lot of finished Vroom quilts on the blog (collection by Leslie Grainger, Robert Kaufman fabrics) but this one represents the last of my stash in this colorway. I have one final version in the blue colorway that I'll be sharing later this week.

On all of my other Vroom quilts, I used a Kona solid (School Bus) for the inner border, but in the interest of using up stash, I substituted an orange and white stripe I had on hand. Luckily, I had exactly the right amount!

I didn't have anymore of the large scale vehicles stripe I usually put on the back, but I had extra yardage of the grey outer border fabric, so I was able to use up even more stash!

I'm happy to say this quilt cleared out one of my fabric storage drawers (see this post for info on my storage system), thus making room for more new fabric!

 

1 comment: