Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 16

Last week, we had a snow day (actually, two consecutive snow days!), so I had some unexpected extra time in the sewing room. I decided to look through a basket of possible projects I keep at the bottom of my shelving unit, and I found a scrap pack I'd set aside a while ago.

I really am a sucker for scrap packs on Etsy -- I love mixing them with my own project leftovers to see what I can come up with. This particular scrap pack contained a panel from the Ten Little Things fabric collection by Jenn Ski for Moda Fabrics. The panel had been cut incorrectly -- the left side was missing part of the narrow blue border that surrounds all the blocks.
I decided trimming both sides of the panel equally would do the trick, and I added two side borders to make the top a nice 39 x 41 size.
For the back, rather than purchasing yardage, I started by piecing together a charm pack from the same collection, and then added the remainder of the fabrics I had on hand. I love the fact that I was able to use up every last piece of leftovers to create this adorable quilt!

This quilt is now listed in my Etsy shop!

To read my Twenty-Five Days of Quilts blog series from the beginning, start with this post.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment