Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 17

In yesterday's post, I mentioned how much I enjoy purchasing scrap packs. This quilt is another example of incorporating other people's scraps into my own projects!

(The first photo was taken before the binding was sewed down, but it was also taken in better lighting, so I'm including it in the blog post!)
Several months ago, I made a floating nine patch quilt out of Amy Butler scraps (see this post). I loved the way it turned out, and immediately began cutting up Heather Bailey scraps to make another one!
I decided to add borders to this version -- the inner border is a pale aqua dot from Bonnie and Camille's Ruby collection, and outer border is a Heather Bailey Pop Garden print. I like the way the borders frame the blocks, especially since I didn't use an alternating color scheme as I did in the Amy Butler version.

I didn't want to purchase new fabric for the back, and I originally pulled out a Sandi Henderson pink print, but in the end, I decided to use a blue Kumari Garden print, as well as a pieced strip of fabrics from the front.

I'm glad I chose the blue -- it works better than pink for the front!

I've already cut up some scraps for a Bonnie and Camille floating nine patch quilt, so I'm sure you'll see that one on the blog soon!

To follow my Twenty-Five Quilts blog series from Day 1, begin here.

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation's Needle and Thread Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! The colors flow together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and great choice on the backing. I made a regretable pick going bold and orange for a backing once. Fortunately the recipient was actually excited about orange which was a huge relief! Serious question thought: Where do you find these scrap packs?

    ReplyDelete