Friday, December 19, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 19

Dream On is an older collection by Urban Chiks. Although I do have a few untouched precuts stashed away, I also had a fair amount of small scraps leftover from previous projects, so another coins quilt was in order. I first showed the pieced coin strips back in January when I contemplated using an aqua solid from the background. I love the way it shows off the vintage style and colors of the fabrics.

Several of the fabrics remind me of my grandmother's guest room bedding in the 1970's!

 

For the back, I didn't want to go completely aqua, so I was glad I had a few of the faux patchwork scraps to sew together -- they add a lot of interest to the backing.

The binding was a tough decision, but I went with some scraps leftover from the backing of this quilt which I shared a couple of days ago. They happened to be on my sewing table when I was auditioning bindings, and they fit the bill perfectly!

To follow along on my 25 Days of Quilts journey, begin here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment