Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 2

This month, I've issued myself a challenge to blog daily about a recent quilt finish. Today's finish is made almost entirely of scraps!
I love Bonnie and Camille's fabric collections, and had amassed quite a bit of scrappy strips from previous quilts, and from purchasing scrap bags. Since one of my resolutions this year was to use up some stash, I spent several hours ironing, sorting, and cutting a big basket of scraps from the Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern and Marmalade collections.
I cut the smallest strips down to 1 1/2 inches wide (various lengths) and starting piecing them together in groups of five strips. Then, I pressed and subcut the pieced strips into 5 1/4 squares. I alternated the direction of the strips when I sewed the top together to create this fun Rail Fence variation.

For the back, I was able to use up some Scrumptious scraps that had been cut for a different project. I finished it off with one of my favorite bindings --the scallop print from the Miss Kate collection (also found in the Ruby collection).

This quilt is so bright and cheery -- I love to look at it!

2 comments:

  1. Fun, bright, cheery quilt. The back looks like another quilt instead of just a backing, Great job all around.

    tushay3(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its gorgeous! Love scrap quilts!

    ReplyDelete