Thursday, December 25, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 25

Merry Christmas! This is the final day of my 25 Quilts in 25 Days blog series, and of course, this one is a Christmas present! My daughter requested a new quilt for her twin bed, the main requirement being that it have minky backing. I usually avoid piecing together minky for larger quilts, but I was willing to make an exception for her!
Her room is painted pale purple, and she also likes blue, so I used Kate Spain's Horizon fabric collection with a couple of other purple prints thrown in. I used my Hip to Be Square pattern (except I added a lot more blocks!).
Here's a picture of the top in-progress. Our cat Hunter loves to photo-bomb quilt pics.
I ordered the minky backing on Dec 9th, it was shipped on December 19th. According to tracking, it was supposed to arrive on December 23rd. It didn't.
It didn't arrive on December 24th, either.
Long story short: I wrapped up the matching sham, but the quilt will have to be finished after Christmas. It worked out okay -- if the fabric had arrived on the 24th, it would have been a pretty busy day trying to finish it in time. I promise I'll share pictures when it finally gets done!

I hope you enjoyed this journey of 25 Quilts in 25 Days. I also have some fun posts scheduled for the remainder of the month, including a pillow sham tutorial, some Christmas stockings, a pattern sale, and of course, my final monthly collage of finished quilts for 2014!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment