Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 3

My twenty-five quilts in 25 days blog challenge continues!

This summer, I came across the Scrappy Crossroads block tutorial from Bee In My Bonnet. I knew it would be the perfect block to use up some 2 1/2" Bonnie and Camille scraps! For the background fabric, I used the pale aqua dot fabric from the Ruby collection.

I had just enough of the background fabric to make 16 blocks. I love the way the look of the blocks totally changes when you sew them together. I also used up a bunch of binding leftovers -- I am not a big fan of scrappy bindings, but it did seem appropriate for this quilt.

For the backing, I chose Hawthorne Threads' minky dot solid in aqua. It is such a pretty shade, and so soft and cuddly! (I also didn't have to piece any backing since the minky is extra wide). This is definitely my favorite quilt to snuggle with at the moment!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment