Friday, December 5, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 5

Thanks for joining me on Day 5 of my Twenty-Five Quilts blog journey! Today's quilt was a recent gift for my niece on her sixteenth birthday. She is a Union Jack fan, so when I saw these panels from Riley Blake, and this tutorial from Amy Smart, I thought it would be a great present for her.
I made the quilt a little bit larger by adding a navy tone-on-tone floral border. It's a bit of an unexpected choice, but my niece is also a fan of floral leggings, so it reminded me of her.
I am kind of a symmetrical person, so I almost didn't follow the wonky setting directions, but I do like the way it turned out!
I think my favorite part is the striped binding. It's actually a small chevron print, but it looks like a bias stripe in spots when it's attached

I forgot to take a picture of the backing -- I used this minky dimple dot from Hawthorne Threads.

My niece loved it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment