Saturday, December 6, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 6

One of my resolutions this year was to use up some stash (to free up room for new fabric, of course!). When I received a custom order for a Les Amis quilt this fall, I decided to cut up all of my remaining Les Amis fabrics and make two quilts. This is the "leftovers" quilt -- the custom order version had 42 blocks -- but this one makes a nice crib size.

I didn't want to purchase any extra fabric for the backing, so I pieced together some scraps from the from, as well as two Les Amis fabrics from previous quilt backings. I really like the way it turned out!

I will miss these fabrics -- they are just adorable -- but I'm sure there are many lovely fabrics waiting to take their place in my storage drawers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment