Monday, December 8, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 8

In yesterday's Twenty-Five Quilts in 25 Days post, I showed you a coins quilt made from Freebird scraps. Today's quilt also features Freebird and an ivory Bella solid, but in a fun polka dot pattern!

I used a Tupperware lid to trace the circles onto lightweight fusible webbing. Then, I sewed the webbing to the fabrics with a quarter inch seam, placing the bumpy glue side of the webbing against the right side of the fabrics. After I trimmed the seam, I cut a small slit in the webbing so I could turn the circles right side out, finger press, and then iron them to the background fabric.

Before sewing the blocks together, I used a machine blanket stitch to secure the circles to the background blocks.

This was such a fun quilt to work on, and I'm hoping to make one in another fabric collection soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment