Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Bucket List Quilts

In lieu of "Quilty Resolutions", this year, I've decided to work on a "bucket list" of quilts.

There is something so tempting about a beautiful new quilt pattern, and these are six from my library that I'm determined to turn into quilts this year! I chose six because two months to work on each sounded reasonable! I'm hoping to share either a finished quilt (or at least some progress!) every couple of months.

If you're interested in making any of these, too, here are some links:

"Jellybean" (Thimbleblossoms): The quilt on the cover is made from a Ruby jelly roll, which I do have on hand, but I'm not sure that will be my final choice!

"Suburbs" (Cluck Cluck Sew): I have no idea what fabric I'll choose for this one yet!

"Carnival" (Jaybird Quilts): I am thinking of making this one like the pattern cover -- I do have a healthy stash of Central Park, and this would help me tame it a bit!

"Juggle" (Thimbleblossoms): I am making the larger of the two sizes in Happy-Go--Lucky, as pictured!

"Pow-Wow" (Cluck Cluck Sew): I'm planning to make this one with a medium grey Kona background, and some Groovy Guitar fabrics (Michael Miller)

"Swoon" (Thimbleblossoms): I keep going back and forth on fabric choices for this one! I love the idea of the navy background, but I'm also thinking about the possibility of an aqua blue background. So many choices!

 

Here's a sneak peek of the first pattern I decided to work on:

More to come soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment