Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bucket List Quilt #3

Today, I'm interrupting my Summer Blog Series Challenge to report on my 2015 Quilty Resolution to complete 6 quilts on my bucket list (see initial post here).

My goal was to finish one quilt every two months, and I'll be sharing the third quilt today. (I completed Carnival in February, and Juggle in April),

For my third quilt, I chose the Pow-Wow pattern by CluckCluckSew. I wanted to use up some leftover pieces of Groovy Guitar and coordinating fabrics, and I thought this would be the perfect pattern to showcase them.
The background fabric is a Kona solid in Medium Grey.

For the backing, I went with Minky Dot in Charcoal from Hawthorne Threads. Even though it seems a little more expensive, the fact that it is extra wide means that you often need less yardage, and you don't have to piece the backing!

I did make my quilt one row longer than the pattern originally called for (this was the crib size version).

I enjoyed the pattern very much, and definitely see myself making it again in the future!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment